World War One and the early days of aviation will come alive at the Golden Age Air Museum in Bethel, Pennsylvania, July 11-12, 2020. WWI will be a theme of the annual Wings & Wheels Extravaganza, which gathers vintage airplanes, classic cars, and holds a big band dance. The East Coast Doughboys will be participants for two days of exhibitions, overnight camping at the airfield, and WWI living history.
The annual event will feature vintage planes, WWI aircraft, and classic automobiles and motorcycles. Camping on Friday July 10 and Saturday July 11 in vintage tents is part of the exhibition. On Saturday night is an outdoor movie screening.
The East Coast Doughboys are special guests; any WWI or Edwardian impression is welcome and aviation is encouraged. Exhibition space is available. Meals are TBD. Restrooms and showers on premises.
• Airplane rides are available during the weekend for a fee;
• Aviation & automobile flea market and memorabilia sale;
• Visit and tour the Golden Age Air Museum;
• Attend aviation talks and lectures;
• Display of original aviation art;
• Extensive WWI aviation uniform display;
• First World War Aviation Historical Society
371 Airport Road
Bethel, PA 19507
(134 miles west of Times Square, 75 miles west of Philadelphia, 98 miles north of Baltimore)
More information is forthcoming. Advance registration is required and will launch soon.
If there is enough interest we may rent a van to run roundtrip from NYC.